“Scientific research has discovered that 95% of our behaviors are subconscious.”
Did you know:
- Your Subconscious processes 4 Billion bits of information in 1 second
- Your Subconscious Mind runs all your bodily functions.
- Your Subconscious Mind has stored everything that ever happened to you, even when you were in your mother’s womb.
- Your Subconscious Mind stores the memories from the perspective of the age that you were when that event took place.
In simplified terms, we have two minds; conscious and subconscious. Your conscious mind is reading this and analyzing this information. Your conscious mind learns, accepts, rejects, criticizes and decides. Your conscious mind thinks over 60,000 thoughts a day and delivers suggestions to your subconscious mind through habitual thinking. If you consciously and habitually assume something is true, even though it may be false, your subconscious will begin to accept it as true and proceed to bring about the desired outcome whether it’s positive or negative. It is also believed that most people habitually think negative thoughts instead of positive, uplifting ones. Negative thoughts produce negative feelings and images. When you state out loud or in your mind, “I’m tired” or “I’m overwhelmed” you are delivering a suggestion to your subconscious mind. When you continue to repeat it, you can feel it even stronger and then your subconscious mind finally accepts the suggestion and makes sure you feel even more tired, stressed or overwhelmed.
- Linear – one thing after another
- Asks, “Why?”
- Intellectual, analytical, cognitive thinking
- Tries to understand your problems
- Verbal and limited
- Focuses on 7 plus or minus 2 chunks of information at any given time.
- Processes 2,000 bits of bits of info/sec
- These impulses travel about 100-150 mph
- Not limited, deals with everything simultaneously
- Knows why
- Is free to do all the “Feeling”
- Knows the solutions
- Nonverbal, imaginative, expansive
- Is aware of everything else
- Processes about 100 billion bits of info/sec
- These impulses travel up to 100,000 mph
How our subconscious mind gets programmed
- What we repeatedly say over and over in our mind.
- What others repeatedly say to us over and over.
- When we are in a highly emotional state we tend to ‘accept’ the suggestions and they form a belief/program/pattern in our subconscious.
- Just from observing our parents behaviors growing up, neural pathways or blueprints of beliefs were formed in our subconscious.
- Hypnosis and NLP works simultaneously with both the subconscious and conscious mind acting as a bridge or a doorway to our subconscious mind.